San Jose Parish Church, Baras, Rizal

San Jose Parish Church, Baras, Rizal (1)

The Franciscans built the first church in 1595. The town was transferred to Ibayo in 1636 but returned to the present site in 1682. The Jesuits administered this parish from 1616 to 1679. San Jose Parish Church of Baras, Rizal was completed in 1686.

The present altar, sanctuary, sacristy, church interiors, facade, grotto, roof, and the columbary of San Jose Parish Church were well preserved, restored and built thru the initiative of Rev. Fr. Aguedo Gula and Rev. Fr. Giovanni Osias O. Yago assisted by Engr. Martin T. Rio with the support of the christian community and the advice of the National Historical Treasure.

Click images to enlarge

Leave a Reply